Since 2003, Yoga Gangsters has proudly offered FREE yoga in South Florida at various schools, community/medical centers, foster centers, homeless shelters, post arrest programs, alternative detention centers and other non-profit organizations.
Yoga Gangsters provides 6-week empowering yoga outreach programs each with up to 4 program cycles per year. Our programs provide messages of empowerment teaching self awareness, self respect, and self control. Once your program agreement is in place with us and information has been collected, we set up a schedule with your program to visit, same day and time for 6 weeks.
What comes next is connection, empowerment and some much needed movement and mindful awareness through the practice of yoga. When you are ready to implement a Yoga Gangsters program at your organization, please email Jodi@YogaGangsters.org. You will receive a program application. We begin asking volunteers when we get your details!
As of March 2015, Yoga Gangsters has trained over 1,000 volunteer yoga teachers who have led weekly yoga programs in over 225+ inner city schools, jails, youth foster centers and other non-profit organizations. The organization has brought the gift of yoga to over 10k children, teens and young adults since 2003.
Check out some of our newest moments to celebrate:
- SOS in Coconut Creek will be celebrating 3 years this summer!!!!
- Pace Center for Girls has hosted 3 programs and scheduling is open for more.
- Harlem Grown in NYC, welcomed us with open hearts to our inaugural NYC program!
- Girl Power (3yrs +)moved to a fresh new space, invited is for their open house and MORE yoga for the ladies
- City Year with Norland HS loved the pretest skills we shared this year.
- City Year’s Community Day @ Miami Northwestern Sr. High was fun and inspiring
- The Motivational Edge in Allapatah completed their inaugural program with so much GRATITUDE
- Camp Erin is bringing us back to lift the hearts of young ladies in bereavement.
- AMI Kids – in Dade and Broward have shared yoga with their youth too.
- Our YG movement has spread wings and broadened their reach into Oklahoma
- We now have active LGBTQ programming in the Tampa area and Orlando is kickin’ it too
- Tallahassee’s Florida A&M University historically black college brought in the YG work to their Wellness curriculum.
- Broward Youth Detention volunteers have fallen in love and are fundraising for #yearroundyoga
- Dallas’s lone Yoga Gangster has left a permanent yoga program from prisoners as a result of his selfless heart and time at Van Zandt prison!
- AZ is blowin’ it up with a portion of proceeds coming to YG through the very cool Tribal Yoga Fest
- AZ also rallied their community to FUN-draise 11 fingerprint ID cards by a very generous supporter doin’ it for the lil’boos!
- The Tempe and Phoenix crew is beginning the process of serving close to 15 centers – #WORD
- CO and AZ both will be firing up the community at their local Yoga Rocks the Park this coming Spring
- CO is beginning 6 new programs
- OH is still kickin it in the Huckleberry House (Huck House), with more programming to come
- Orange County Detention Facility is beginning a new program this year with one of our newest graduates!
Miami-Dade County Public Schools – We are proud to serve the nation’s fourth largest school district. Yoga Gangsters provides programming in various elementary, middle, and high schools with a focus on inner city neighborhoods.
Jackson Hospital – Pediatric Extended Care Program (PPEC) – In this program, Yoga Gangsters works with children ages 3-5 who have complex medical problems including organ transplants, high blood pressure, autism spectrum disorder, Down’s Syndrome and more.
Miami Bridge Youth & Family Services – This organization promotes positive youth development by providing Emergency Youth Shelter Care and Family Crisis Intervention Counseling to Miami families in need.
Florida Dept. of Children & Families – DCF coordinates programs and services to help improve the lives of individuals and families and protects children, the elderly and the disabled from abuse and neglect.
CHARLEE Homes for Children – CHARLEE cares for children ages 0-23 years old in Miami-Dade County who have been placed in foster care due to abuse, abandonment and neglect. Yoga Gangsters provide programming at special events, coordinates Holiday Toy Drives, and has provided full scholarships to our Urban Guru Program.
Stand Up For Kids – This amazing program provides services to homeless, runaway, and at-risk youth including mentoring, prevention, and a weekly NEST (Nights of Empowerment and Safety for Teens) where Yoga Gangsters has been an active volunteer.
Overtown Youth Center – This Alonzo Mourning Charity provides various after-school and summer programs including educational enrichment classes, recreational activities, and creative arts of which Yoga Gangsters is proud to be a part.
Girl Power Rocks – The World Literacy Crusade’s Girl Power Program empowers 11-17 year old girls and their families to succeed in order to protect, restore and preserve the family unit by providing various enriching activities and counseling services.
City Year Miami– As tutors and mentors, City Year Miami corps members provide critically needed services to some of Miami’s most underserved children and youth. Yoga Gangsters was proud to be a presenter at City Year’s Leadership Conference where we educated over 150 mentors on the power of yoga and at City Year’s Young Heroes Program, where we taught middle school students how yoga can be an alternative to violence.
St. Pauls A.M.E. Church – Located in the inner city neighborhood of Little Haiti, St. Paul’s Church welcomes Yoga Gangsters to their youth summer camp to bring yoga to the kids year after year.
Troy Community Academy – This Juvenile Justice facility is a conditional release program for teens in grades 7-12 who have demonstrated behavioral issues and conflicts with the law. Yoga Gangsters has provided programming specifically tailored for this sensitive student demographic who have been exposed to much trauma.
Art Studio Miami -Art Studio Miami, empowers young minds by providing a safe location where youth are inspired and guided by artists, teachers and mentors who support the students education and career development through the integration of creative holistic arts.
City of Miami Neighborhood Enhancement Team – Yoga Gangsters has worked with NET to coordinate special events bringing yoga to Miami-Dade neighborhoods in need.
Please mail donation checks to
Yoga Gangsters, PO Box 771978, Coral Springs, 33077